December 11 – 15

Kelly Week at a Glance  

• Dec. 9 – Barnes & Noble Fundraiser
  • Dec. 12 – Site Council; 3:40 PM
  • Dec. 15 – Early Release; 12:45 PM
  • Dec. 18 – Jan. 2 – No School; Winter Break
  • Jan. 3 – Return to School
  • Jan. 9 – School Information & Tour; 10:00 AM
  • Jan. 9 – Site Council; 3:40 PM
  • Jan. 15 – No School; MLK Holiday

You can always check the Kelly Calendar on our website for upcoming days off and early release days.

Mr. Malcolm is Retiring
After 14 years at Kelly Middle School and almost 40 years total teaching, I have decided to retire. I have had some family and health issues over the summer break and feel that I need to let go and move on. The retirement will commence at the end of this calendar year, December 31st.

I would like to thank all staff, students and community members for their support during the nearly decade and a half that I have been at Kelly. I will miss the students of course, but I know that the time has come for me to move on.

I hope that I have had a positive impact on the over 1000 students I have taught at Kelly Middle School and wish all the success their hard work deserves. Thank you again for a fulfilling part of my career and I wish all the best of luck in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Howard Malcolm

Barnes & Noble Fundraiser
On December 9th, we will be having our 3rd annual book fair at Barnes and Noble. This is a great way to purchase books you are wanting for yourself or for someone else and supports our school at the same time. All you need to do is stop by on Dec. 9th, tell them that you are with the Kelly Middle School book fair and purchase your item. Our PILOT leaders will be on the site reading stories and making crafts for the little ones. If you are unable to come in on Saturday the 9th then you are welcome to purchase online that weekend as well. Hope to see you there. Go Pilots!!

Trimester 1 Honor Roll & Report Cards
Honor Roll & Perfect Attendance
Achieving high marks takes a great deal of hard work, dedication and a commitment to learning. Parental support and encouragement are also key elements in student’s success. Congratulations to students for earning a distinguished place on Kelly Middle School’s Honor Roll and Perfect Attendance.

Click here to see the list.

Report Cards
Trimester 1 progress report grading is completed and reports cards are in the mail; your student’s grades are also posted in ParentVue. If you have activated your ParentVue account, just click on the report card to see your student’s grades. You can also print the report card by clicking on “Click here to view report card for Tri 1 Progress”. The report card will come up exactly like the one we send you and you can print from there if needed.  If you would like to go paperless and save us money, click on the My Account tab and check the “Go Paperless” box. If you haven’t activated your ParentVue account please contact the office and we can send you your activation code.

Kelly Choir is Coming
With co-directors Ms. Perdue & Mr. Adee
WEDNESDAYS ONLY (3:25-4:30 PM)
January 10th – March 7th
Concert: March 7th at 7:00pm
with NEHS Choirs
Open to ALL Kelly students 6-8th  (Y’all come sing!)
NO AUDITION REQUIRED, just an AWESOME ATTITUDE
Information and permission slips have been sent home by advisory teachers, but they are also available in the Kelly office.

Safe Routes to School
Students bicycling to school this week are in for a surprise. We’re told a Safe Routes to School bike fairy will be leaving a gift on all student bikes in the racks one day this week.

Morning BEST Homework Help
Morning BEST offers students an opportunity to get the day off right. And, it is a convenient way for parents to be assured their child has a place to go early in the day that will provide instructional support.

Morning BEST is 7:30 – 8:30 AM and meets in the Kelly Library. To sign up for Morning BEST simply fill out the program application and write “Morning BEST Too!” on the cover at the top. If you only want Morning BEST, write “Morning BEST Only”.  Once we receive your application, we will call you and let you know when your child can start.

For more information contact Jim Wilcox, Kelly BEST After-School Coordinator. Email at Wilcox_j@4j.lane.edu or call 541-790-4748.

Click here for forms.

This entry was posted in Week-at-a-glance. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.